ITS Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines
ITS oversees the creation and management of most campus IT policies, standards, and procedures.
As of 3/29/2018 all University IT policies are located in the University policy repository at unc.policystat.com.
Policies Under Review
- Policy Review and Feedback Submission Form (Requires Onyen Authentication)
- Email Address Policy (REVISED 2016)
- Email Domain Policy (REVISED 2016)
- Incident Management Policy
- Information Security Policy (REVISED 2017)
- Information Security Controls Standard (REVISED 2017)
- Information Security Liaison Policy
- Enterprise Data Governance Policy (formerly Institutional Data Governance Policy) (REVISED 2018)
- Enterprise Data Governance Standard (NEW 2018)
- Password Policy for System and Application Administrators
- Password Policy for General Users
- Transmission of Protected Health Information and Sensitive Information Policy (REVISED 2017)
- Vulnerability Management Policy
- IT Change Management Policy (NEW 2018)
- IT Change Management Standard (NEW 2018)
- IT Access Control Policy (NEW 2018)
- IT Access Control Standard (NEW 2018)
- IT Vendor Management Standard (NEW 2018)
- Information Classification
- Onyen Policy (REVISED 2016)
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Standards for Electronic Media Disposal (SEE Information Security Controls Standard)
- Copyright Information and Policies
UNC-Chapel Hill Data Network
See privacy.unc.edu and policies.unc.edu for additional Privacy policies
- Policy on the Privacy of Electronic Information
- HIPAA Information and Policies
- Privacy Liaison Standard
- Default Directory Information
About IT Policies
- ITS Standard on Policies, Standards, and Procedures (REVISED 2018) (Previously named: “ITS Governance Documents Standard”)
- Policy Bulletin and Information
Guidance on IT Topics
For information, guidelines, FAQ’s, and instructions for using E-mail, Onyen access, or other systems at UNC-Chapel Hill, consult help.unc.edu.
Email and Phone Numbers
- To report acceptable use problems at UNC-Chapel Hill, call 919-962-HELP or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For issues involving copyrights or other policy concerns, call 919-445-9393 or send email to: email@example.com.
- For issues involving system security, call 919-962-HELP or send email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any other issues, please send email to email@example.com.
- Human Resources Department
- UNC-Chapel Hill Campus Policies and Procedures