ITS Student Employment Opportunities
The ITS Service Desk is one of the first points of contacts for technological support services for students. The team provides 24/7 support through phones, chat, web and walk-in services. The Service Desk is comprised of both full-time employees and student workers, so the opportunity to train alongside professionals is offered.
- Tech Support System – This person provides face-to-face technical computer support to faculty, staff and students. Areas of support include Microsoft Windows, Mac OS operating systems, Microsoft Office Professional, various mobile devices, various email clients, internet browsers, networking and campus IT services.
- Social Media Assistant – This person will be tasked with creating social media content for the the ITS Service Desk’s social media platforms. This person will be responsible for content posted on all our social media platforms. Duties will include:
- Creating, scheduling and posting tech-related content to all ITS Service Desk’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
- Planning and engaging in the ITS Service Desk’s community outreach events, which include new student orientation sessions, homecoming, tech fairs, graduation fairs, exam events, workshops, and contest/promotional events
- Creation of print media to be used for service promotion
- Social Media Assistant/Videographer – This person will be tasked with creating social media content for the the ITS Service Desk’s social media platforms. This person will be responsible for both photography and video campaigns for content posted on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
All majors and backgrounds are welcome. To learn more, visit the Service Desk’s website.
ResNET employs 50 students across campus dedicated to providing reliable on-site IT support, education and delivering new technologies, to the UNC-Chapel Hill residential community. The ResNET staff is committed to enhancing the intellectual environment to support the University’s vision.
To learn more about ResNET and its student positions, visit its website.
ITS Software Acquisition provides a single, centralized point of contact to find and obtain software on campus. Examples of software provide by Software Acquisition includes the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Qualtrics.
To learn more about Software Acquisition, visit its website.
For job inquiries, email email@example.com
Digital Services offers central WordPress-based web development and hosting for the University.
Want to gain great experience helping make UNC websites better? ITS Digital Services has work opportunities for enrolled students in the areas of design, content migration and customer support.
Complete the Digital Services interest form to learn more about available positions, located on its website.
The Information Security Office oversees the security of the University’s electronic information. The Information Security Office is responsible for coordinating and ensuring information security across the campus in a manner that is consistent with industry best practices and UNC-Chapel Hill compliance obligations.
In short, the Information Security Office protects the University’s information, as well as your own.
For questions about the Information Security Office and student opportunities within the department, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching & Learning
Teaching & Learning provides instructional technology applications and integration to support the University’s academic mission. The division includes the following teams: Classroom Hotline, Teaching & Learning Systems, and Teaching & Learning Interactive.
- Classroom Hotline – The Classroom Hotline provides technical support to all general-purpose classrooms scheduled by the University Registrar’s Office. To learn more about how the Classroom Hotline operates, visit the Teaching & Learning website. To apply for a student position with the Classroom Hotline, apply at the Hotline website.