ITS Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines
ITS oversees the creation and management of most campus IT policies, standards, and procedures.
As of 3/29/2018 all University IT policies are located in the University policy repository at unc.policystat.com.
Policies Under Review
- Policy Review and Feedback Submission Form (Requires Onyen Authentication)
- Email Address Policy
- Email Domain Policy
- Incident Management Policy
- Incident Management Procedure
- Payment Card Industry Incident Management Plan
- Information Security Policy
- Information Security Controls Standard
- Information Security Liaison Standard
- Enterprise Data Governance Policy (formerly Institutional Data Governance Policy)
- Enterprise Data Governance Standard
- Standard on Passwords, Pass-phrases, and Other Authentication Methods
- Transmission of Protected Health Information and Sensitive Information Policy
- Standard for the Transmission of Protected Health Information and Sensitive Information
- Vulnerability Management Policy
- Vulnerability Management Standard
- IT Change Management Policy
- IT Change Management Standard
- IT Access Control Policy
- IT Access Control Standard
- IT Vendor Management Standard
- Information Classification
- Onyen Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Standards for Electronic Media Disposal (SEE Information Security Controls Standard)
- Copyright Information and Policies
UNC-Chapel Hill Data Network
See privacy.unc.edu and policies.unc.edu for additional Privacy policies
- Policy on the Privacy of Electronic Information
- HIPAA Information and Policies
- Privacy Liaison Standard
- Default Directory Information (Decommissioned September 2019)
Digital Accessibility Policies
See digitalaccessibility.unc.edu and help.unc.edu for more information from the Digital Accessibility Office
- Digital Accessibility Policy
- Accessibility of Digital Resources, Content, and Technology Standard
- Accessibility Standards for Procurement of Digital Resources, Content, and Technology
About IT Policies
Guidance on IT Topics
For information, guidelines, FAQ’s, and instructions for using E-mail, Onyen access, or other systems at UNC-Chapel Hill, consult help.unc.edu.
Email and Phone Numbers
- To report acceptable use problems at UNC-Chapel Hill, call 919-962-HELP or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For issues involving copyrights or other policy concerns, call 919-445-9393 or send email to: email@example.com.
- For issues involving system security, call 919-962-HELP or send email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any other issues, please send email to email@example.com.
- Human Resources Department
- UNC-Chapel Hill Campus Policies and Procedures