- EXECUTIVE SPONSOR(S): Ethan Kromhout
- SPONSOR(S): Ethan Kromhout
- DEPT OR DIVISION: ITS Infrastructure and Operations
- PROJECT OWNER: Matthew Conley
- STATUS: In Progress (projected completion - May 2023
- Project Theme: Building Capability
The NetApp AltaVault is reaching the end of its life cycle in December 2023. We need a replacement solution to move identified data off-premise for specified time periods. The replacement solution will be an automated tool that:
- moves data from on-premise to off-premise,
- logs the process and expires the data at the appropriate time,
- allows us to retrieve the data and restore it on-premise when required, and
- have a cost model that fits the ITS budget.
We are currently testing CBS in Google Cloud Platform (GCP). There have been some initial technical challenges to the functionality. We are working directly with the NetApp CBS engineers on solving those. We have passed the security review for sensitive data. Expected completion of this project is January 2024.