Virtualized Applications (Citrix)
- Virtualized Application Service (Citrix XenDesktop)
- Virtualized Desktop Service (Citrix XenDesktop)
- Appsense Profile Management Service (optional)
- ITS will provide Citrix infrastructure (load balancer, Citrix controllers, Citrix Database, AppSense Profile management server, etc.) except compute resources for Application or Desktop workloads.
Departmental Technical Support Staff and/or Service Desk Staff
Request a consultation via a ticket to http://help.unc.edu/servicedesk/.
Any vendor supported Windows, Linux or Mac OS. Also has support for mobile devices.
- No cost to customers for Citrix Infrastructure described above as in-scope Citrix Licensing (calculated as concurrent usage)
- ~$400/one time - ITS picks up annual maintenance costs.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Service (RDS) Licensing (calculated as concurrent usage over 90 day period) - $20/user one-time - ITS picks up annual maintenance.
- Optional Appsense Licensing (concurrent license) $120/concurrent user, ITS picks up annual maintenance Cost of compute respources associated with Desktop or Application Servers are the responsibility of the customer.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
SLA Response Times
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24x7
- Important = 4 hour, 8-5 M-F
- General = 24 hours business hours, 8-5 M-F
Request For Service:
- Critical = 8 hours, 8-5 M-F
- Important/General = 3 business days, 8-5 M-F
- Service Availability
- Login Time
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Availability > 99%
- Login time < 30 seconds (From App/Desktop Click to App/Desktop Instantiation) for Appsense Users
- Login time < 1 minute (From App/Desktop Click to App/Desktop Instantiation) for non-Appsense Users
All maintenance impacting the Service Desk Operations will be announced a minimum of 14 days in advance, according to established change management procedures.
Hours Of Operation
Service runs and is monitored 24/7. Normal support hours are 8-5 M-F. Critical interruptions of service will be responded to 24/7.
- Contact the ITS Service Desk to report all incidents and/or requests.
- Critical ticket requester must be available via submitted contact method within 30 minutes or ticket will be downgraded to Important
- Requests for Critical Incident response must include contact details of requester.
Active Directory accounts will be de-provisioned on the same schedule as ONYEN.
Out of Scope
- Application and/or Desktop compute resources
- Application Licensing
- Application Support
- Application and/or Desktop compute performance issues
- Application and/or Desktop OS or Application patching
- Application or compute resources outside of Citrix service boundaries (external database, application access)