Service Management Application (Remedy)
The ITSM services team supports UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, staff and students in their use of the Remedy Action Request System. The system's customized applications enable campus technical professionals to access a centralized database to communicate, document, track and resolve service requests. The group provides technical support, user training, documentation, reporting and workflow management for the applications.
Customized applications include:
-UNC-Request for Service (RFS)
-Computer Repair Center (CRC) application
-Group Information (GI)
-Online Help Request (OLHR) application
ITRC & Campus Faculty, Staff, and Students of UNC Chapel Hill & UNC Fayetteville State University.
Information on acquiring the service is available at http://help.unc.edu/help/remedy-services/.
Remedy has four environments:
- Remedy FTE New User License $591.50
- Remedy Student New User License $147.88
- Remedy FTE License Annual Maintenance $105.00
- Remedy Student License Annual Maintenance $26.00
- Purchasers will go to the ConnectCarolina ePro system at https://connectcarolina.unc.edu/ to order the software license and maintenance.
- Every new license will be sold with Annual Maintenance. The University’s Remedy Annual Maintenance is renewed July 1 of each year and runs until June 30th of the next year.
- Contact the ITSM Team to request additional information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the ITS Help Desk at 919-962-HELP.
- Additional cost information for this service can be found on https://software.sites.unc.edu/software/remedy/.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
- Tier 2: Issues that cannot be resolved at Tier 1 will be escalated to the ITSM Service Team.
SLA Response Times
Service Level response times to service requests are measured by when a request is submitted to our team. Other forms of contact may affect the ability to address the request in a timely fashion. Our service response time to customers are:
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24x7
- Important = 1 hour, 8-5 M-F
- General = 24 hours business hours, 8-5 M-F
- Customer satisfaction index (CSI) rating
- Service availability
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Customer satisfaction index (CSI) rating: 4.8-5.0
- Service availability is monitored 24/7 with a 99.75% service up-time.
Regularly scheduled maintenance will be conducted by UNC and its vendors to the systems supporting our services.
- Standard system maintenance: Every Wednesday of the month between 3 – 4 AM which may incur a service outage, but is avoided whenever possible due to a high availability infrastructure.
- Application maintenance: Tuesday/Thursday between 6 – 8 AM which may incur a service outage, but is avoided whenever possible due to a high availability infrastructure.
- Scheduled downtime maintenance that impacts services will be communicated to the customer at a minimum of 14 business days in advance.
Hours Of Operation
Service is accessible 24×7, except for regularly scheduled maintenance downtime.
Customer responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- The customer is the owner of their data, and responsible for defining categorization and escalation values within the Remedy application.
- Maintain compliance with all BMC software licensing requirements.
- Adhere to relevant University acceptable use and security polices and standards (its.unc.edu/about-us/how-we-operate/)
- Respond to ITSM staff inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Request help and services as defined in Technical Support of this SLA.
ITSM team responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- Ensure manage hosts meet standards established by ITS policies, including acceptable use and security mandates.
- Effectively and efficiently deploy applications, software patches and updates.
- Advise customers on security, networking or information technology best practices, policies, or requirements.
- Establish real time monitoring of service performance, compliance and inventory.
Out of Scope