Service Management Application (Remedy)
The ITSM services team supports UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, staff and students in their use of the Remedy Action Request System. The system's customized applications enable campus technical professionals to access a centralized database to communicate, document, track and resolve service requests. The group provides technical support, user training, documentation, reporting and workflow management for the applications.
Customized applications include:
-UNC-Request for Service (RFS)
-Computer Repair Center (CRC) application
-Group Information (GI)
-Online Help Request (OLHR) application
ITRC & Campus Faculty, Staff, and Students of UNC Chapel Hill & UNC Fayetteville State University.
Information on acquiring the service is available at http://help.unc.edu/help/remedy-services/.
Remedy has four environments:
- Remedy FTE New User License $591.50
- Remedy Student New User License $147.88
- Remedy FTE License Annual Maintenance $105.00
- Remedy Student License Annual Maintenance $26.00
- Purchasers will go to the ConnectCarolina ePro system at https://connectcarolina.unc.edu/ to order the software license and maintenance.
- Every new license will be sold with Annual Maintenance. The University’s Remedy Annual Maintenance is renewed July 1 of each year and runs until June 30th of the next year.
- Contact the ITSM Team to request additional information by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting the ITS Help Desk at 919-962-HELP.
- Additional cost information for this service can be found on https://software.sites.unc.edu/software/remedy/.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
- Tier 2: Issues that cannot be resolved at Tier 1 will be escalated to the ITSM Service Team.
SLA Response Times
During the service transition to ServiceNow we have declared a moratorium on any new development, enhancements, reporting, and onboarding of new groups. Please be aware that SLA response times will be degraded except for critical service incidents. Thank you for your cooperation.
Service Level response times to service requests are measured by when a request is submitted to our team. Other forms of contact may affect the ability to address the request in a timely fashion. Our service response time to customers are:
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24x7
- Important = 1 hour, 8-5 M-F
- General = 24 hours business hours, 8-5 M-F
- Customer satisfaction index (CSI) rating
- Service availability
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Customer satisfaction index (CSI) rating: 4.8-5.0
- Service availability is monitored 24/7 with a 99.75% service up-time.
Regularly scheduled maintenance will be conducted by UNC and its vendors to the systems supporting our services.
- Standard system maintenance: Every Wednesday of the month between 3 – 4 AM which may incur a service outage, but is avoided whenever possible due to a high availability infrastructure.
- Application maintenance: Tuesday/Thursday between 6 – 8 AM which may incur a service outage, but is avoided whenever possible due to a high availability infrastructure.
- Scheduled downtime maintenance that impacts services will be communicated to the customer at a minimum of 14 business days in advance.
Hours Of Operation
Service is accessible 24×7, except for regularly scheduled maintenance downtime.
Customer responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- The customer is the owner of their data, and responsible for defining categorization and escalation values within the Remedy application.
- Maintain compliance with all BMC software licensing requirements.
- Adhere to relevant University acceptable use and security polices and standards (its.unc.edu/about-us/how-we-operate/)
- Respond to ITSM staff inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Request help and services as defined in Technical Support of this SLA.
ITSM team responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- Ensure manage hosts meet standards established by ITS policies, including acceptable use and security mandates.
- Effectively and efficiently deploy applications, software patches and updates.
- Advise customers on security, networking or information technology best practices, policies, or requirements.
- Establish real time monitoring of service performance, compliance and inventory.
Out of Scope