ITS Service Desk
The ITS Service Desk provides technical and customer support to UNC-Chapel Hill students, faculty and staff as a single point of contact. Customers can access services via phone, live chat, walk-in, web and social media engagement.
Students, faculty, staff, retirees, prospective students, parents, and University affiliates. Walk-In Services is intended to support students, faculty, and staff with their personal and institutional technical support needs at our Undergraduate Library location.
- All ITS applications and services
- CCI Software and Hardware
- ConnectCarolina – Campus Solutions
- Current versions of Microsoft and Macintosh operating systems
- We may have to refer the request to another campus unit
Support for other operating systems, applications, services, and environments are provided on a best-efforts basis. For information or help please go to https://help.unc.edu.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/
- Online Help Request
- Twitter: @uncservicedesk
- Facebook: uncservicedesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: uncservicedesk
SLA Response Times
Response Time (ticket is acknowledged):
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24×7
- Important = 1 hours, 7-7 M-F
- General = 24 hours business hours, 7-7 M-F
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
- Tier 1 Calls Answered Within 120 Seconds
- Tier 1 First Call Resolution Rate
- Tier 1 Abandon Rate
- Walk-in First Contact Resolution Rate
- Walk-in Average Wait Time
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Customer Satisfaction Rating: 4.5/5
- Tier 1 Calls Answered Within 120 Seconds: 80%
- Tier 1 First Call Resolution Rate: 80%
- Tier 1 Abandon Rate: <10%
- Walk-in First Contact Resolution Rate: 45%
- Walk-in Average Wait Time: <5 mins
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the ITS Services Status page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods. Regular maintenance is not required for Walk-in service.
In the event of a disaster or campus emergency, the Walk-In Services support infrastructure is available to the Office of Campus Safety and Security. In such situations, the availability of Walk-In Services could be negatively impacted depending on the nature of the emergency. Such impacts will be extremely infrequent.
Hours Of Operation
Customers agree to be familiar with and adhere to the university’s Acceptable Use Policy. They are also expected to provide any requested information relevant to their issue in a timely manner.