The UNC-Chapel Hill Listserv service is an electronic mailing list software application that manages sets of email addresses for groups. Instead of entering individual addresses when sending emails to groups of people, the sender need only mail one message to one email address to reach all participants.
Faculty, staff, students with active, affiliated ONYEN
Self-service with active, affiliated ONYEN
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
SLA Response Times
Service Level response times to service requests are measured by when a request is submitted to the ITS-Systems remedy group. Other forms of contact may affect the ability to address the request in a timely fashion.
- Critical = 1 hour, 24/7
- Important = 1 Business day, 8-5 M-F
- General = 3 Business days, 8-5 M-F
Request For Service:
- Critical = 8 hours, 8-5 M-F
- Important/General = 3 business days, 8-5 M-F
ITS-Systems collects data on:
- Service Availability
- Message Processing Rate
- Delivery Success
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Availability: 99.9%
- Delivery: 100%
Maintenance for the Listserv environment is performed as needed depending on patch releases from the vendors. Patches for the environment are not transparent as the service is unavailable during maintenance and delivery is queued until the service returns. To accommodate this, maintenance is typically performed during the service maintenance window to minimize impact.
Hours Of Operation
- Listserv Service is a 24/7 service.
- Maintenance Window: 8am to 12pm every Saturday.
- ITS Systems has a standby rotation to deal with critical issues after normal business hours. The Service Desk business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 am, Monday through Friday, with limited after hours support during off hours.
- The ITS Service Desk services are not offered during official university closings but customers can still submit their requests via the web at http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
Adverse Weather Policy: https://hr.unc.edu/benefits/leave-holidays/weather-emergency/
- Contact the ITS Service Desk to report all incidents and/or requests.
- Critical ticket requester must be available via submitted contact method within 30 minutes or ticket will be downgraded to Important
- Requests for Critical Incident response must include contact details of requester.
OtherLists with no activity for 13 months will be de-provisioned.
Out of Scope
Client issues are to be handled by departmental support staff and/or ITS Service Desk until systemic issues are found.