UNC Campus Git is a managed platform for storing and managing source code repositories. The managed software encompasses the underlying operating system and the GitLab platform.
Faculty, staff, and students.
For individual users, create an account at git.unc.edu with your onyen and password. For groups or departments requiring shared spaces, a ticket to ITS-MIDDLEWARE to request a GitLab group via Online Help Request.
The main campus GitLab environment is https://git.unc.edu.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS-MIDDLEWARE in Remedy or Online Help Request.
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @uncservicedesk
- Facebook: uncservicedesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: uncservicedesk
SLA Response Times
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24×7
- Important = 1 hours, 8-5 M-F
- General = 24 hours, 8-5 M-F
GitLab uptime, F5 uptime
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- GitLab uptime - 99.9% (8.75 hours of downtime/year)
- F5 uptime - 99.9% (8.75 hours of downtime/year)
Application maintenance: Tuesday and Thursday 5-8 AM.
Infrastructure changes: SAI patching occurs Wednesday 3-5 AM.
Hours Of Operation
- 24/7/365(6) hours of operation.
- Support hours for tier 1 and tier 2 support is 8am-12am.
- Critical support is available 24/7.
Customer responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- Customers will report any problems in a timely manner to minimize problem times.
- Customers will be vigilant in what information is documented. GitLab is NOT rated for sensitive data.