The UNC-Chapel Hill Exchange Service provides an on-campus, feature-rich email and calendar service with support for fully featured Outlook clients on MAC and Windows along with support for older IMAP-based email clients such as Thunderbird. A web client is also provided at https://outlook.unc.edu. In addition to email and calendaring, Exchange provides a campus address book and system for managing tasks.
Any person with an active affiliated ONYEN (Faculty, Staff, Students not provisioned in Office 365)
- Users possesing active, affiliated ONYEN may request service through selfservice.unc.edu.
- Shared Mailboxes may be requested via ITS Service Desk (see technical support contact info).
Browser that supports Outlook Web App
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
SLA Response Times
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24x7
- Important = 4 hour, 8-5 M-F
- General = 24 business hours, 8-5 M-F
Request For Service:
- Critical = 8 hours, 8-5 M-F
- Important/General = 3 business days, 8-5 M-F
- Uptime (mailbox available via Outlook Web App)
- Delivery Latency
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Availability of mailboxes - mailboxes available 95% of total available user minutes.
- 95% of messages attempted delivery within 5 minutes - averaged monthly.
All maintenance impacting normal operation will be announced a minimum of 14 days in advance, according to established change management procedures.
Hours Of Operation
- Service runs and is monitored 24/7.
- Normal support hours are 8-5 M-F.
- Critical interruptions of service will be responded to 24/7.
- Contact the ITS Service Desk to report all incidents and/or requests.
- Critical ticket requester must be available via submitted contact method within 30 minutes or ticket will be downgraded to Important
- Requests for Critical Incident response must include contact details of requester.
Access to the service will be de-provisioned on the same schedule as ONYEN.
Out of Scope
Client issues are to be handled by departmental support staff and/or Service Desk until systemic issues are found.