Computer Repair Center
The Computer Repair Center provides computer hardware repair services for Apple, Dell, and Lenovo Think branded desktops, laptops, and monitors under the manufacturers' warranty terms of service. Additionally, the Computer Repair Center provides out-of-warranty computer hardware repair services for these same computer models for a fee.
The Computer Repair Center does not provide computer repair services for any hardware other than Apple, Dell, and Lenovo Think branded desktops, laptops, and monitors with the exception of out-of-warranty HP printers.
Current faculty, staff and students at UNC Chapel Hill can access the services provided by the Computer Repair Center.
There are four ways that customers can submit a request for computer repair service to the Computer Repair Center (valid ONYEN and/or UNC affiliation required):
- In person at the ITS Response Center
- Phone: (919) 962-HELP(4357)
- Chat with an ITS Response Center technician http://help.unc.edu/chat
- Submit a Help Request http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
The Computer Repair Center provides computer hardware repair services for Apple, Dell, and Lenovo Think branded desktops, laptops, and monitors under the manufacturer’s warranty terms of service. Additionally, we provided out-of-warranty computer hardware repair services for these same computer models for a fee. The computer repair center does not provide computer repair services for any hardware other than Apple, Dell, and Lenovo Think branded desktops, laptops, and monitors with the exception of out-of-warranty HP printers.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
SLA Response Times
1. Requests for computer hardware repair service will be addressed in the order in which they are received and based on priorities (Critical, Important, General), which are determined by urgency and level of impact.
2. Responses to requests for computer hardware repair service may be via phone or voice mail, e-mail, or personal visit. Multiple attempts (3) will be made to contact the customer requesting service before the service request is closed.
3. Service Level response times to service requests are measured by when a request is submitted via Remedy, the ITS service request tracking system, to the Computer Repair Center. Other forms of contact will affect the ability of the Computer Repair Center to address the requests in a timely fashion and will not be covered under this SLA. Examples of the forms of contact not covered under this SLA include:
- Direct emails to individual computer repair service personnel
- Direct phone calls to individual computer repair service personnel
- Respond to Tier 2 Service Requests within 8 business hours
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Respond to Tier 2 Service Requests within 8 business hours: 80%
- Customer Satisfaction Rating: 4.8 to 5.0 out of 5.0
Hours Of Operation
Tier 2 computer hardware repair services are available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday, excluding all holidays and university closures. However, customers may request computer repair services at any time using one of the Tier 1 contacts above and will receive a response within 8 business hours.
Customer responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- Request computer hardware repair assistance using one of the options defined in the Submitting a Help Request section in this SLA.
- Give an accurate and detailed description of the observed symptoms or behaviors that indicate a computer hardware repair is needed.
- The customer is the owner of their data, and must backup any data stored on the computer hardware being repaired before submitting the equipment to the Computer Repair Center for a hardware repair. Data may be lost in the testing, failure diagnosis and repair processes.
- Respond to inquiries from Computer Repair Center and/or ITS Response Center staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to applicable University IT Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
Out of Scope