Scientific Application – Discovery Studio
Table of Contents
Discovery Studio is a single unified, easy-to-use, graphical interface for powerful drug design and protein modeling research. Discovery Studio contains both established gold-standard applications (e.g., Catalyst, MODELER, CHARMm, etc.) with years of proven published results, as well as and cutting-edge science to address today’s drug discovery challenges. Discovery Studio is built on the Pipeline Pilot Enterprise Server™ operating platform, allowing seamless integration of protein modeling, pharmacophore analysis, and structure-based design, as well as third-party applications.
Discovery Studio also includes the Insight II package, which was previously available as a stand-alone application.
Note: The Pipeline Pilot server for this package is pipelinepilot.its.unc.edu.
Availability on the Research Computing Clusters
|Research Computing Cluster:||Longleaf|
|Default Version:||2020 (Longleaf)|
|Installed Version(s):||2020 and 2019 (Longleaf)|
Installing and Setting up the Discovery Studio Environment on a Windows Machine
You can also install Discovery Studio locally on your Windows PC. Research Computing provides the installation binary:
- The binary for Discovery Studio can be copied from Longleaf to your Windows machine from:
- Once the binary is downloaded, double-click the file to unpack the installation executable.
- Run the Autorun program in the unpacked directory to start installation.
- Once Discovery Studio is installed, make the license manager point to the following license server for campus users: license0.its.unc.edu; port number: 1715.
- More information regarding installation of Discovery Studio can be found in the README document in the unpacked installation directory.
- Discovery Studio main information page and application areas from Accelrys.
- Details of programs installed in Discovery Studio.
- Case studies of applications of Discovery Studio applied to Life Science Research.