UNC Chapel Hill Portal Page
Matlab Portal added in April 2020!
Use the link below to access the UNC-Mathworks portal page, a central spot to access Matlab resources.
This is a custom page provided by Mathworks for UNC Chapel Hill as part of our campus wide license. It is integrated into our shibboleth authentication system so you can login with your Onyen user-id. Mathworks also asks that you create any account with them if you want to download Matlab. This is a one time thing and which is free and simple to do. Portals provide a single location for downloads, activation, access to training, hands-on tutorials, resources for teaching and research, news, and much more.
To download Matlab and install it on your computer:
- Do you already have a (free) account on Mathworks? If not, signup for one first:
- Go to: https://in.mathworks.com
- Clicking on the person silhouette at the top right of the page
- follow instructions to create an account. The email does not need to be your UNC email.
- Go to: https://in.mathworks.com/academia/tah-portal/university-of-north-carolina-chapel-hill-30334062.html
- Log in with your onyen
- Click “Get Software”
- Click “Sign in to get started”
- Sign in with your existing Mathworks account
- Click the download for the version you want to download and install as you would install other downloads.
Also available in this portal:
- Online courses
- Teaching materials
To renew your license
See the Accepted Answer here: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/357048-how-to-renew-matlab-license
Note: If you don’t know what your Windows user name is, it is your folder in C:\Users. You can find it using the Windows (C:) folder view or by:
- While sitting at the host computer, press and hold the Windows key and press the letter R on your keyboard. The Run dialog box is displayed.
- In the box, type cmd and press Enter. The command prompt window will appear.
- Type whoami and press Enter.
- Your current username will be displayed.
Some Matlab Resources
Portal IT Help-Page Simplified instructions for downloading and activating MATLAB with the portal page.
Resources for Teaching-MATLAB Digital flyer for faculty and instructors.