Skip to main content

Faculty, staff, undergrad and graduate students can request an account by following these steps:

  1. Go to and log in with your onyen.
  2. Once you have logged into, click on
  3. Complete the service request form by changing any of the pre-filled answers that need updating and filling in the empty boxes for:
    • Additional phone number
    • Faculty sponsor name
    • Faculty sponsor onyen
    • Additional information

    Note: By default, this is a request for longleaf account. If you wish to ask for a dogwood account, change the selection in Type of subscription from longleaf to dogwood.

  4. Click “Request”.

You will be notified by email when your account is ready.

If the link to the Compute Cluster Access form shows up as page not found and you can see in the upper right corner of that you are logged in, please send email to with a screen shot of your entire search results page, including the top banner portion and indicate that you cannot request the account you need. Answer the following in that email:

  • Your name and onyen:
  • Your Department:
  • Phone number to reach you while your jobs are running (if we need to):
  • Your Email address:
  • Your preferred shell (bash or tcsh):
  • Faculty sponsor name:
  • Faculty sponsor onyen:
  • Type of subscription: Longleaf or dogwood
  • A description of the type of work you will do on the cluster

Your account will have to be created manually while our system administrators research what is missing from your onyen in

To learn more about Longleaf visit the Longleaf cluster page and to learn more about Dogwood check out the Dogwood cluster page.