Request a cluster account
Faculty, staff, undergrad and graduate students can request an account by following these steps:
- Go to help.unc.edu and log in with your onyen.
- Search for Compute Cluster Access in the catalog section of help.unc.edu.
- Click on Computer Cluster Access.
- Complete the service request form and click “Request”.
You will be notified by email when your account is ready.
NOTE: If the search of help.unc.edu for the Compute Cluster Access service request turns up empty and you are sure you are logged into help.unc.edu with your onyen, please send email to email@example.com with a screen shot of your entire help.unc.edu search results page, including the top banner portion and indicate that you cannot request the account you need. Answer the following in that email:
- Your name and onyen:
- Your Department:
- Phone number to reach you while your jobs are running (if we need to):
- Your Email address:
- Your preferred shell (bash or tcsh):
- Faculty sponsor name:
- Faculty sponsor onyen:
- Type of subscription: Longleaf or dogwood
- A description of the type of work you will do on the cluster
Your account will have to be created manually while our system administrators research what is missing from your onyen in help.unc.edu.