Research Computing: Help
Help & Contact Information
On the Web
- Complete the web form Submit a Help Request. In the Type of help needed: drop-down, select Research Applications Support . In the Problem Description box, describe the problem and specify your operating system (Linux, UNIX, WinXP, etc.), the name/version of the software and machine (Longleaf, Dogwood, etc.) you are using. The Information Technology Response Center (ITRC) will then forward the request to us.
- Send email to email@example.com with the name of the software in the subject (for example SAS, Stata, or Gaussian) and the name of the machine.
- In the body of your message, describe the problem. Please specify your operating system (Linux, UNIX, WinXP, etc.) and the version of the software you are using. If you are using Research Computing servers, indicate the name of the servers (for example, Longleaf, Dogwood)
- Attach relevant information such as the program, log, output, etc. Please include only text files.
- Indicate how to reach you by phone. While some problems can be resolved via email correspondence, others may require speaking with you directly or asking you to come to our offices so we can work on your problems together.
- Call the Information Technology Response Center (ITRC) Service Desk at 919-962-HELP. The ITRC phone is staffed 24 hours a day. Please be prepared to provide the ITRC staff with a description of your problem, including your software version, operating system, machine, and information on how best to reach you.
- Your phone call and/or a description of your problem will be forwarded to the appropriate person. While support is typically available during business hours, we cannot guarantee that someone will be available to help you immediately.