Contact Us Directly
Help & Contact Information
By Email (Preferred and best way to contact us)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of your message, describe the problem. Please specify your operating system (Linux, Macintosh, Windows, etc.) and the version of the software you are using. If you are using Research Computing servers, indicate the name of the servers (for example, Longleaf or Dogwood)
- Attach relevant information such as the program, log, SLURM and program output, etc. Please include only text files.
- Indicate how to reach you by phone. While some problems can be resolved via email correspondence, others may require speaking with you directly or asking you to come to the Research Computing offices to work on your problems together.
On the Web
- Complete the web form Submit a Help Request. In the Type of help needed: drop-down, select ITS Services ->Research Computing->Research Applications Support (or VCL, THL as appropriate). In the Problem Description box, describe the problem and specify your operating system (Linux, Macintosh, Windows, etc.), the name/version of the software and cluster or system (Longleaf, Dogwood, VCL, etc.) you are using. The Information Technology Response Center (ITRC) will then forward the request to Research Computing.
- Call the Information Technology Response Center (ITRC) Service Desk at 919-962-HELP. The ITRC phone is staffed 24 hours a day. Please be prepared to provide the ITRC staff with a description of your problem, including your software version, operating system, machine and information on how best to reach you.
- Your phone call and/or a description of your problem will be forwarded to the appropriate person. While support is typically available during business hours, Research Computing cannot guarantee that someone will be available to help you immediately.