- SPONSOR(S): Mike Barker, John Mack
- DEPT OR DIVISION: ITS Infrastructure & Operations
- TECHNICAL LEAD: Matthew Conley
- STATUS: In Progress
- Project Theme: Building Capability
This project is performing a lifecycle replacement of storage controllers and disks that are nearing the end of their useful life. As hardware ages, it becomes less reliable, the potential for data loss grows and maintenance costs increase. This project is focusing on replacing:
- ESMC0 – the hardware supporting Storage.unc.edu and SecNas.unc.edu.
- ESMC5 – the hardware that provides some primary storage for Splunk and serves as a backup destination for a majority of ITS data.