Dear Carolina community,
Welcome – and welcome back – to all of our students, faculty and staff members. As we prepare to start the new academic year, I’d like to tell you about a few important technology-related resources and services that are available to you. Many of these resources are new or improved, so even if this isn’t your first year at Carolina I suggest reading on.
I encourage you to bookmark these five websites. They are valuable sources of information and support covering a wide range of subject areas.
- m.unc.edu – Our new mobile site was created for students, by students. This site makes finding information on your mobile device much easier.
- help.unc.edu – Our searchable knowledge base makes it easy to find answers. You can also submit help tickets and chat live with our Help Desk on this site.
- sakai.unc.edu – Used by thousands of courses, Sakai is our online course system. Get familiar with it now to save time during the semester.
- besafe.unc.edu – Your resource for safety issues on campus. Find the information you need to feel safe and stay informed.
- web.unc.edu – Our web publishing service allows anyone with an Onyen to create their own website at no cost.
This is also a good time of year for a refresher on how to best protect your personal computer, identity and email accounts. You can view our policies here.
Information Technology Services is here and happy to help with your technology-related needs. We have a dynamic and growing service catalog available to the university community, and encourage you to contact us to learn more about how we can help meet your IT needs.
As always, you can contact the ITS Help Desk at (919) 962-HELP with your technology and support questions.
Thank you and best of luck this academic year,
Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer