Educational technology is a broad and evolving field. ITS Teaching and Learning Interactive actively supports a growing portfolio of technologies that provide Carolina with proven tools for collaboration, research, instruction and outreach.
Sakai @ UNC
Sakai Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) is UNC’s new collaboration and learning platform suitable for course sites, committees, research collaboration, campus organizations, online instruction, outreach and more.
Learn more about Sakai @ UNC:
- Log into Sakai @ UNC Gateway
- Read and subscribe to the Sakai @ UNC blog
- Learn tips and tricks with our Sakai@ UNC tutorials
Find us on the social web:
- Visit the TLI YouTube channel to view playlists and how-to videos
- Follow us on TLI Twitter feed to find out about events online and face-to-face
- See quick demos on our TLI Slideshare account
Blackboard Collaborate (formerly called, “Elluminate”) is a Web conferencing system that allows groups to meet, present, and collaborate. The only equipment required to participate in a web conference session is a computer with a connection to the Internet. For audio discussions, those speaking will need a microphone, preferably a USB headset with noise cancellation. Use Blackboard Collaborate to:
- Write, draw, and paste images on a shared whiteboard
- Present materials imported from PowerPoint in a fully online environment
- View or share documents or software running on any participant’s computer
- Host guest speakers & hold virtual office hours
- Record sessions for later viewing or review
Voicethread is a collaboration technology in which files are shared with others who then can post their personal comments in response. In this way, the person who posts the files can initiate conversations specific to shared items. And those conversations include text, audio and video, for a more natural flow of comments.
Learn more from the UNC Voicethread Help Document: http://help.unc.edu/6562