Our Interactive team (ITS-TLI) provides leadership, administration and support for a growing portfolio of learning technologies including:
- Sakai (the new campus collaborative learning environment)
- Blackboard (to be phased out by Dec. 2012)
- Web Conferencing
- Voicethread media presentations
Within these supported technologies, we provide end-user support, consultations, application development and more.
Our team is comprised of expert
- Instructional Technology Support Specialists who provide the campus community with top-tier end user technical support, on-campus workshops, one-to-one consultations, online course recommendations, instructor training materials, online tutorials, webinars, newsletters and best practices recommendations.
- Application Analysts who are dedicated to maintaining the health and stability of our applications, improving the end-user experience and developing new enhancements and features to create an open learning platform that meets the needs of Carolina.
We stay up-to-date with the latest trends and research by being actively engaged with the Sakai community, Educause ELI, New Media Consortium, Sloan-C and Digital Media & Learning organizations. Thus, we continually research, test, and evaluate promising new learning technologies that might enhance and extend the new Sakai CLE (Collaborative Learning Environment). To get involved in our new technology explorations, contact sakaisupport [at] unc.edu.
Learn more about centrally supported technologies that can help you in your academic activities.