The ITS Response Center is the first point of contact for IT Support at UNC Chapel Hill. We use the Remedy Action Request System to track Help Requests and to route problems to the appropriate support group. We work very closely with the specialized Help Desks provided by different departments and schools on campus.
There are multiple ways to get technical help from the ITRC:
- Submit a Help Request via the web
- Call (919) 962-HELP
- Chat Online with the Help Desk
- Walk-in to one of our offices: Hours of Operation
- On-Site Support: Students living on-campus can request ResNET in-room support
- To resolve problems on initial contact.
- 962-HELP: To answer calls within 60 seconds.
- Web Tickets: Acknowledge Requests for Help within 15 minutes.
- Walk-in: Acknowledge Requests for Help within 15 minutes.
To our customers, the ITS Response Center is one team providing customer services. Organizationally, there are three managers within the ITRC that oversee the following services: