Voicemail to Email
Voicemail to Email, often referred to as Unified Messaging, is a feature of the University’s voicemail system that sends new voicemail messages as a .wav file to the customer's email inbox. Messages can be listened to over the computer or on a smart device, and they can be forwarded, deleted or saved just like any other new email message.
-The visual message indicator on the phone is no longer guaranteed when subscribing to this feature.
-The ability to listen to new or saved messages over the phone is no longer guaranteed when subscribing to this feature.
-Works best for customers who are mobile and not always at their desk to retrieve new voice messages or have a shared mailbox where multiple staff members need to have access to new messages.
-Subject to the public records retention policy that applies to all email messages.
Office365 and Voicemail to Email:
- No visual message waiting indicators on the phone.
- New or saved voicemail messages cannot be managed, or listened to, over the phone.
- Voicemail messages are managed solely through the email inbox.
Faculty and Staff.
Customers are required to have a University Office365 account or Exchange account (2010 or 2013).
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @uncservicedesk
- Facebook: uncservicedesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: uncservicedesk
SLA Response Times
- 1-10 mailboxes: 1-2 business days
- 10+ mailboxes consult with a Network Analyst
- Delivery of the service within 1-2 business days for requests of 1-10 mailboxes, and negotiated for requests for 10+ mailboxes.
- Voicemail server up-time should be 95% guaranteed, however, at this time there is not a means to measure the availability.
- In addition, this feature requires an integration with the campus email service, all components of the feature are not within the realm or responsibility of ITS Communication Technologies.
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Service Delivery 1-2 Business Days (1-10 mailboxes)
- 10+ mailboxes will need to be negotiated with a Network Analyst.
All maintenance impacting Voicemail to Email will be announced a minimum of 14 days in advance, according to established change management procedures.
Hours Of Operation
ITS Voice Services Business Hours are 7:30AM-4:30PM, Monday through Friday. Customers can continue to submit online Web Requisitions during off hours at https://its.unc.edu/requestuc and they will be acknowledged the next business day. ITS Voice Services is closed during official University closings and holidays. You can also contact the ITS Service Desk to submit a request.
ITS Service Desk:
Requests for Voicemail to Email should be submitted to the following online Web Requisition that will require a detailed description of the request, service location, and the department name, number and chartfieldstring account for billing: https://its.unc.edu/requestuc. Customers are required to have either an ONYEN or a PID in order to access this Requisition, and they must have authorization to charge services to billing accounts (or chartfieldstring accounts) within their department. Any issues with accessing chartfieldstring account when trying to submit an online Requisition will need to be referred to the Department Business Officer.
OtherRequests to disconnect the audio conferencing service should be submitted to https://its.unc.edu/requestuc. An audio conferencing number is not automatically removed from service and can therefore be subject to use (and billing) until it is removed from service.
Out of Scope
Requests to disconnect the audio conferencing service should be submitted to https://its.unc.edu/requestuc. An audio conferencing number is not automatically removed from service and can therefore be subject to use (and billing) until it is removed from service.
Customers that do not have a University email account using Office365 or Exchange (2010 or 2013), students, and student workers.