The Software Acquisition Office provides UNC-Chapel Hill and the UNC General Administration with free and discounted software through centrally negotiated agreements. Software Acquisition consists of a product website, software-ordering system and desktop-management service. The Software Acquisition desktop-management service enables departments to download software packages from a Microsoft SCCM software catalog or a JAMF Casper self-service portal.
Any Student, Faculty, Staff, Visiting Scholar, and GA employee is eligible to obtain license(s) for use of software provided by SA for teaching, research, and administrative purposes. License agreement rules vary by software package. For specific rules concerning eligibility to order UNC-Chapel Hill software, please see the below:
- Who is entitled to order software? ( https://software.sites.unc.edu/about )
- Software Acquisition Policies ( https://software.sites.unc.edu/about/policies/ )
- How to you contact the Software Acquisition office? ( https://software.sites.unc.edu/about/contact/ )
- What are some of the common questions asked? ( https://software.sites.unc.edu/faq/ )
The current list of available products can be found on the Software Acquisition’s available software page.
Please see https://software.sites.unc.edu/ for supported software and policies.
Technical Support Contact Information
ITS Service Desk:
- Phone (919) 962-HELP (4357)
- Chat: https://help.unc.edu/chat
- Online Help Request: http://help.unc.edu/help/olhr/
- Twitter: @unchelpdesk
- Facebook: unchelpdesk
- YouTube: unchelpdesk
- Instagram: unchelpdesk
SLA Response Times
- Orders Filled in Less Than 5 Days
- Dept Orders Billed Within 30 Days
- Student Orders Fulfilled On-Demand
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Orders Filled in Less Than 5 Days: All
- Dept Orders Billed Within 30 Days: All
- Student Orders Fulfilled On-Demand: All
ITS will notify customers about both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using the ITS Services Status ( http://status.its.unc.edu ) page of service availability and service delivery issues. Services may not be available during the maintenance periods.
Hours Of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm, excluding University holidays and closures.
Customers agree to be familiar with and adhere to the university’s Acceptable Use Policy ( https://its.unc.edu/files/2016/02/Acceptable-Use-Policy.pdf ). They are also expected to provide any requested information relevant to their issue in a timely manner.
OtherSoftware Acquisition help document.
Out of Scope