ITS offers a free Microsoft Exchange messaging service including email, calendaring, and task management.
Faculty, staff, and certain professional students by departmental request.
Benefits and features
- Microsoft Outlook is the preferred client on Windows platforms.
- The IMAP protocol is also supported so that email clients such as Thunderbird can be used as well.
- Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) enables native support for Exchange in iCal and MacMail. Entourage and IMAP email clients are also supported on Mac.
- A rich webmail client in Outlook Web Access (OWA) is provided for Internet Explorer. A “light” version is provided for Firefox and Safari.
- Backup and recovery – Users have 14 days of online backups via a self-service restore tool provided in the Outlook client.
- Quotas and limits – Users have a personal mailbox limit of 2GB and a single-message size limit of 50MB. Users can purchase additional space.
- Departments and others groups can request shared mailboxes.
- Resource/Room mailboxes provide an easy way to schedule the use of items; projectors, equipment, vehicles and rooms.
- Distribution lists provide a lightweight mailing list feature in which you can send to many recipients with one email address.
- World-class mobile-device support. Supports Blackberry (BES) and ActiveSync devices natively.
Help and more informationHelp Documents FAQ Set up your iPhone with Exchange Setup Exchange on an Android