Data Center Management
ITS Data Center Operations (DCOPS) professionally maintains three data centers: ITS Manning, ITS Franklin and ITS Phillips. DCOPS is responsible for the day-to-day management of these data centers and ensures that all data-center equipment is fully functional and responsive to user needs.
-The data centers are locked with controlled/managed access, have redundant cooling and power and each center is backed up by a generator.
-Power and environmental conditions in the data centers are monitored 24/7/365 days a year.
-Staff is onsite at Manning and Franklin, with dispatch service to Phillips to assist customers.
All of UNC, such as Pharmacy, Med-School, Dentistry, School of Education, Athletics, Law School, and such affiliates as GA, MCNC, Alumni, Development Office and UNC-TV.
- Server co-location
- storage co-location
- network availability
- Johnson controls
- Gregory Poole
- Operations Center
Technical Support Contact Information
SLA Response Times
24/7 for Critical Request 365 days a year.
- Number of days Centers are up.
- Response to tickets, number of outages.
- Chilled water delta. Number of object we hotel.
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
- Standard Request – within four hours during business days.
- Critical Request – within 15 minute response 24/7/365.
- Ensures power is safely and effective distributed across thousands of servers and storage systems – monitored 24/7/365.
- Ensures all standby power systems and always operational, including UPS (batteries and flywheels) and generator power systems – monitored 24/7/365.
- Maintains efficient cooling and humidification needs in all data centers – monitored 24/7/365.
Maintenance for the most part does not affect the availability of our data centers due to the redundancy we have built in, but when it does 14 day advance notice will be given to customers.
Hours Of Operation
24/7 over three shifts.
Customers agree to be familiar with and adhere to the ITS-DCOPS requirements for processing work request and are familar with Data center Use policy. They are also expected to provide any requested information relevant to their issue. There are expected to have after hours escalation procedures. http://its.unc.edu/service/data-center-operations/
Out of Scope