Carolina CloudApps is a managed platform for developing and deploying web applications. The managed software encompasses the underlying operating system and core software, such as web servers and development languages.
-Developers are responsible for their code, any third-party tools they install and their content.
-ITS handles all infrastructure patching and maintenance.
Faculty, staff and students.
- Registration and self-service provisioning for the service - http://cloudapps.unc.edu
- Department requests for shared space - http://help.unc.edu/help/carolina-cloudapps-requesting-a-department-project-namespace/
Technical documentation can be viewed at http://help.unc.edu/cloudapps.
Technical Support Contact Information
- CloudApps email distribution group (email@example.com)
- ITS-MIDDLEWARE in Remedy
- Submit a Help Request
SLA Response Times
- Critical = 15 minutes, 24x7
- Important = 2 hours, 8-5 M-F
- General = 24 hours, 8-5 M-F
Service Metrics / Service Goal metrics
System uptime - 99.9% (8.75 hours of downtime/year).
Wednesday's from 12AM-8AM are reserved, weekly, for standard SAI security patching. Every effort will be made to ensure this is a transparent action to applications on the platform.
Hours Of Operation
Customer responsibilities in support of this agreement include:
- Customers are responsible for adhering to the CloudApps Terms of Service and all applicable ISO Security guidelines
- Customers are responsible for code deployments
- Customers are responsible for remediating issues found within their applications. This includes custom code as well as any security vulnerabilities found within their applications (for example, a virus or malware is found and the customer notified).
- Middleware will have a disaster recovery backup, but customers will need to schedule their own backups if more than a ""point in time"" backup is necessary (ex, database).
- Customers will report or respond to any problems in a timely manner
- Customers will patch any code they installed/configured, including quickstarts, in their application container
- Customers will work with ITS Control Center for service monitors that exercise custom development and/or specific application functionality
Out of Scope