Service DescriptionThis service is provided through the management and implementation of the ResNET (Residential Networking, Education & Technology) program which provides on-site IT support, education and the technology infrastructure for the UNC residential communities. The UNC-CH ResNET program began as a pilot project during the 1996-1997 academic year in Old East and Old West residence halls through a grant provided by the Smallwood Foundation. Since then the program has become a critical component of student support, coordinated with the UNC Department of Housing. ResNET staff includes full-time staff managing a team of students responsible for providing technical education and support services for more than 8,600 students spread across 47 on-campus residence halls and apartments. Part of the uniqueness of the UNC-CH ResNET program is that the students providing technical support live and work solely in the UNC residence halls. Overall ResNET initiatives include:
- Residential Technology Programs
- Technical Support and Services
- Residential Hall Wi-Fi Access in Common Areas
- Living Enhancement Projects
- IT Career Opportunities
- To achieve 90% or higher customer satisfaction.
- To contact all customers within 24 hours of a Request for Help Ticket being created.
- To solve all assigned issues on the first visit.
Hours of AvailabilityServices can be requested on a 24 hour basis.
Any student living in a campus residence hall or apartment.