Service DescriptionIron Mountain Connected Backup is a software package that allows the end-user to backup their data to a network server hosted by Iron Mountain. This software can be purchased by departments using an FRS account number or for personal use via a UNC One Card. Some of the benefits of this software include:
- Support for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X
- Automatic nightly backups that simply run in the background
- Access to your data is available from your computer or from any computer that connects to the internet
- Support for this service is provided by the ITS Response Center 24x7
- All data is compressed and encrypted
- Send-once functionality allows efficient backups by eliminating the storage of identical files
Hours of AvailabilityIron Mountain can be purchased or used anytime by visiting http://software.unc.edu/IM.
All faculty, staff and students interested in backing up their data.