ITS provides the University's central LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) directory.
- Provides directory information about students, faculty, staff and affiliates
- LDAP standard allows access from most email clients
- Can be searched on the web via directory.unc.edu
- Can be searched on mobile devices via m.unc.edu
- Provides LDAP authentication to applications that require it, using LDAP as a pass-through to Kerberos
- Privacy controls available via the portal my.unc.edu
The LDAP directory is hosted by ITS. The service is highly available with data and service replicated across multiple servers and data centers.
Hours of Availability
This service is available 24x7.
Entire campus as well as off campus clients.
- LDAP is for simple directory information, clients requiring additional person data should contact the identity-management team for options.
- LDAP is not UNC's preferred method for performing authentication for web applications. Customers interested in authenticating web applications should contact the identity-management team about Shibboleth.
How Do We Charge
- LDAP services are provided without charge
How To Request More Information On Or Request The Service
- Submit a Remedy request to ITS-IDMGMT