Service DescriptionThe ITS Information Security Office helps to ensure a secure network at UNC Chapel Hill by providing technical support through firewall management. Upon request by UNC Chapel Hill groups, Information Security staff will, on a for-cost basis, build, maintain and manage the firewalls. Service implementation and support include:
- Read-only access to Firewall configurations for the customer to support troubleshooting and debugging
- Configuration and support of hardware and software components
- 24 x 7 technical support, including centralized monitoring and management via ITS Network-Security Operations and the ITS Service Desk
- A designated Business Unit Manager read-only account on the firewall.
- Five configuration changes per month at no cost.
Hours of AvailabilityThis service is available to customers 24 x 7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the ITS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard ITS Maintenance Windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times. Standard maintenance windows are defined as:
- 5:00am - 7:30am Monday through Thursday, regular and preventive maintenance as coordinated with the customer(s) - intended use: maintenance on information security infrastructure and systems
UNC-Chapel Hill campus
- Plan out configuration specifications to avoid excessive configuration changes.
- Contact the ITS Service Desk to report problems or request assistance
How Do We Charge
- Five configuration changes per month to existing firewalls managed by the Information Security Office are included at no cost.
- Additional changes to the firewall may be requested for cost.