Service DescriptionDevelopment and support of applications that support the University’s financial reporting. ITS provides support for all enterprise financial applications and implements enhancements. Process owners include University Controller, Procurement Services, Treasury, and Financial Controls, who authorize any enhancements. Development and Support is provided for the following applications:
- eProcurement (ConnectCarolina)ePro is used to purchase goods for which the total order does not exceed $5,000, and only for object codes 2xxx and 35xx. There are two types of ePro purchases: -Vendor catalog orders: used to order items -Small order process: used to pay the bill after a purchase is made
- Financial Resource System (FRS) FRS is packaged software with ITS developed customizations that services as the university’s central accounting system. FRS includes general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, and budgeting.
- InDEPTh- The InDEPTh™ Departmental Accounting System (DAS), an application designed specifically for higher education and to integrate with the University's FRS central accounting system.
- Purchasing- Purchase Orders - Large purchases and contracts which are processed by University buyers - Purchase Card – Provide for the management of the University’s purchasing card used for small purchases (<$5,000). FRS accounts are charged directly during the reconciliation process.
- Disbursement Services- Check Request - ACH and demand check payments for small purchases, employee reimbursements, student stipends and independent contractor payments - Vendor Maintenance - 1099 Creation - Petty Cash
- Central Airfare Billing (CABS)- Air travel system where airfare is charged to an FRS account, thus avoiding travel advances or reimbursements. Travel arrangements must be made through affiliated travel agencies, having restricted access to Finance Central.
- Investments (Money Market, Unit Accounting System)These web based investment applications are designed for recording purchase and sale transactions, distributing earnings and reporting information to the individual participants and departments throughout the campus.
- Finance CentralThis is a suite of web based Financial Applications including Purchasing, Travel, Vendor Request, Journal Entry, and Account Requisition. Working in tandem with the FRED (Flexible Routing of Electronic Documents) system, Finance Central allows for the creation, submittal, and approval of several different types of financial system documents.
- Finan$eerFinan$eer is a graphical financial application that provides enhanced access to information in the Financial Record System. The application is a service provided by UNC-Chapel Hill to employees who need to view FRS accounting information. Financial transactions are available to be searched and reviewed.
- Flexible Routing of Electronic Documents (FRED)
FRED is the backbone of all financial systems so they use a standardize approval system. The system handles different departmental routes per subsystem and has fully overridable conditions. The business units (A/P, Acct Services, etc) also use the system to handle their business office routing, again with overrides.
Hours of Availability
- FRS is available Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. – Monday 7 p.m.
- Finance Central applications that do not rely on mainframe access are available 24X7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows, and unavoidable events.
- Administrative staff
- Identify a primary point of contact to work with ITS in coordinating the activities being performed by the service.
- Provide requirements to the Financial Services Support team in order to facilitate the appropriate scoping, design, development, testing, and implementation activities.
- Support requests relating to the use of the service will be initiated by opening an incident or request ticket with the ITS Service Desk.
How Do We ChargeMechelle Clayton University Services Portfolio Interim Director ITS-Enterprise Applications 919-698-8654
How To Request More Information On Or Request The Service
Mechelle Clayton University Services Portfolio Interim Director ITS-Enterprise Applications 919-698-8654