ITS offers a CIFS (Common Information File System) file storage solution. The CIFS protocol is natively supported on the Windows and Mac platforms.
- File storage solution hosted on an enterprise storage appliance
- Security model is managed through Active Directory (ad.unc.edu)
- Distributed management allows for delegation of departmental administration
- Point in time snapshots - users can perform their one data restores accessed natively through Windows machines.
- Backup and Recovery - The environment is backed up daily to encrypted tapes both on and offsite. Data is retained for 90 days post deletion OR for 5 versions of a given file.
ITS hosts this service on an enterprise class storage appliance.
Hours of Availability
This service is available 24x7.
Responsible use of the storage. The environment is NOT a solution for sensitive data.
How Do We Charge
$8 per gigabyte charged annually
How To Request More Information On Or Request The Service
Submit a Remedy request to ITS-Enterprise-Storage