- Database Services ensures that customer databases are protected and monitored by establishing backup and recovery procedures, providing a secure database environment, and monitoring database performance
- Database software support for Oracle databases is available for any release currently supported by the database vendor or installed in the ITS environment
- Services provided with the standard database support package include:
- Initial database software installation, including configuration and verification as required
- Performance of daily or weekly backups to disk, as requested by customer
- Management and monitoring of disk space
- Database restoration, as needed
- Rebuilding of database indices, as required
- A primary and secondary on-call staff member to respond to alerts and customer issues as defined by the level of customer support
Database Services do not include application or application database support except in negotiated cases
Hours of Availability
- Business hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for holidays.
- Extended service is available 24 x 7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the ITS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard ITS Maintenance Windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
- Customers are responsible for providing and maintaining their own application and application DBA support.
- Customers should notify the DBA services group, through the ITS Service Desk, of any planned application and/or database changes that will affect the database structure before changes are made.
- Customers should designate local staff to serve as the primary contact for the database services group.
- Direct customer support issues to the ITS Service Desk.
How Do We Charge
- A monthly flat rate will be established.
- Hourly rate for ad hoc or out of scope requests
How To Request More Information On Or Request The Service