Employee Council Membership Policies
- Each division within ITS should have 1 primary member and 1 alternate on the Employee Council.
- Participation is approved by the Assistant Vice Chancellor of each division. Participation of Each nominee is approved by their supervisors before the official offer to join the council is offered.
- Each member will serve a 1 year term.
- At the end of their initial term, members may choose to remain on the EC for a second term. Term limits will be set at 2 consecutive years. Staff are eligible to join the EC again after a 4 year period has elapsed.
- Officers will be elected at the beginning of each year. A member may serve as an officer for a maximum of 2 years.
The Employee Council Mission
- to serve as a safe communication conduit between staff and management
- to address inter-division concerns and interaction
- to establish and provide continuity for the workplace and staff community
- to inject inspiration, energy and enthusiasm into the daily work experience
- Each primary member of the EC will have 1 vote.
- Alternates will be non-voting members unless the primary delegates their vote to the alternate.
- Voting issues are passed with a 2/3 majority of the membership.
The ITS Employee Council is staff organization that exist with the endorsement of the CIO, Chris Kielt, and the senior staff of UNC ITS.