People affected by the recent University data breach can turn to a variety of resources for information and help in answering their questions.
Meredith Weiss, associate vice chancellor for business services and administration, outlined the available resources during the Jan. 16 community meeting sponsored by the Employee Forum, and she encouraged people to use the resources that would be most beneficial to them.
“I take this very, very seriously,” she said during the meeting. “It’s important to do everything we can to follow up in the best way possible for all of you.”
People affected by the data breach can:
- Contact the call center staffed by a nationally recognized consultant by calling the toll-free number, 1-866-458-3184;
- Email the University response team for answers to questions and requests for help, including assistance in using websites to place a fraud alert or access credit monitoring, email@example.com;
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions, http://its.unc.edu/incident;
- Watch the community meeting, http://employeeforum.unc.edu; and
- Read the story about the community meeting, http://bit.ly/1gnbuss.
University employees who were affected by the data breach and want to speak with a Finance and Administration representative in person can stop by the Facilities Services Human Resources Office in Room 110 of the Giles Horney Building on Airport Drive.
In addition, Finance and Administration is offering information meetings at times that accommodate employees’ varying work schedules. Upcoming meetings are scheduled:
- Jan. 29 – 2 to 3 p.m., Genome Sciences Building, Room G200;
- Jan. 30 – 5:30 to 7 a.m., Dogwood Cheek Clark Building, FAC Conference Room; Meeting postponed due to likelihood of hazardous road conditions.
- Jan. 30 – 2 to 3 p.m., Genome Sciences Building, Room G200; and
- Feb. 5, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Cheek-Clark Building, Dogwood Conference Room (this meeting replaces a previously scheduled Jan. 28 meeting that was postponed because of a winter weather advisory).
- Feb. 6, 5:30 to 7 a.m., Cheek-Clark Building, Dogwood Conference Room.